Campotrovo bianco IGT Colli della Toscana Centrale

The Campotrovo is a Tuscan white wine that gets its name from a vineyard named “Campo Trovo” (‘found’). Here 80% of the grapes are Chardonnay while the remaining 20% is Pinot Blanc.

VINES

Chardonnay (50%) and Trebbiano Toscano (50%).

SOIL

The soil is semi soft with tendencies of clay. Because of the large amount of skeleton present, the soil is on average considered fertile.

TRAINING

The training method used is the guyot with a planting density of about 4,000 vines / hectare.

HARVEST

The harvesting takes place when the grape is fully ripe usually in early September.

FERMENTATION AND SOAKING

To keep in the aromas of these grapes we do not use wood barrels at all, only cement tanks well suited for these types of wines.

AGING

First, the Chardonnay comes out a fruity, floral blush while the Pinot Blanc confers acidity. It is ready for sale at the end of March and is a very pleasant wine rich with aromas and vibrance. The acidity this wine takes on creates a brilliance that set it apart from the rest and allows it to be suitable for important matches.

APPEARANCE

Straw yellow with greenish reflections.

AROMA

Fruity with hints of golden apple and white flower.

TASTE

Warm, soft, savory and fruity.

CONSIDERATIONS

This wine should be consumed within 2 years after harvest.

PAIRINGS

Traditionally, white wine is a fish wine, however we also recommend dishes like Florentine tripe or “lamprey”. It is also excellent wine paired with early vegetables richly seasoned with herbs.

ORGANIC WINE

ORGANIC WINE


USDA ORGANIC

USDA ORGANIC