SAN MICHELE A TORRI
Chianti Colli Fiorentini Docg

Chianti Colli Fiorentini DOCG is the symbol of the company, produced from Sangiovese grapes, Canaiolo, Colorino, and Merlot. The first harvest was in 1987 and continues now in vineyards about 180 mt. altitude in the hills of Scandicci. The south/southeast exposure is perfect for the ripening of the grape, giving it a fresh fruity flavor with medium intensity that well pairs with all dishes.

VINES

The grapes used are Sangiovese (80%) Canaiolo (10%), Colorino (5%) and Merlot (5%).

SOIL

The soil is semi soft with tendencies of clay. Because it is a skeletal-rich soil, it is
considered on average, fertile.

TRAINING

The two training methods used are the cordon and the guyot with a planting density of 5,000 vines per hectare.

HARVEST

The harvest is done manually and usually begins around September 15th and is
completed around October 15th.

SOAKING AND FERMENTATION

The fermentation takes place in 28-30 degree celsius steel containers and lasts around 15 days.

AGING

30% of the wine is aged in 25hl barrels while the remaining 70% is aged in cement. After the wine is bottled it is aged for another 2 months at least.

APPEARANCE

Ruby red with purple reflections, good consistency.

AROMA

Intense and persistent with fruity, winey and floral nuances.

TASTE

Moderately soft, lively fresh with a pleasant tannin content.

CONSIDERATIONS

Best when consumed within 4-6 years after harvest.

PAIRINGS

Chianti Colli Fiorentini DOCG is suitable for all dishes. It matches very well with many appetizers thanks to an interesting olfactory appearance with well-marked fruity and floral scents. For example Tuscan crostini with pate or salami and cheese would be a perfect combination. It pairs best with tasty meat sauces such as amatriciana or carbonara for the first course and with white or dark meat such as roast beef for second courses.

ORGANIC WINE

ORGANIC WINE


USDA ORGANIC

USDA ORGANIC